AGM & OPEN DAY 13 APRIL 2013
On Saturday April 13 the Village Hall was opened for a celebration drink, some light refreshment and a get-together following the completion of the 2012 Improvement Project. There was a photo display on the new notice board in the main hall detailing all the changes.
Mr Gareth Thomas from WREN attended and was very complimentary on both the quality of the application and the work carried out. WREN is a ‘not for profit business’ that awards grants to community, environmental and heritage projects across the UK from funds donated by Waste Recycling Group (WRG) to the Landfill Communities Fund. Sue Norman from BRCC (Bedfordshire Rural Communities Charity) also attended. Sue was instrumental in pointing us towards WREN as a suitable supporter for our project. A large number of villagers attended and commented on how cared for the hall was looking and how much they appreciated the refurbishments.
The Trustees’ main drive for these refurbishments came from feedback from hall users and also health and safety requirements and improving the access into and around the building.
- Replacement of uneven broken walkways with modern block paving
- Provision of hand safety rails to entrance ways
- Provision of improved lighting both inside and outside the building.
- Refurbished kitchen to include modern cooking facilities
- New suspended ceilings reducing heat loss and improving acoustics
- Provision of a hearing loop
- Provision of instant water heaters to the toilets to ensure constant supply of hot water
- New glazed draughtt proof fire doors
- Replacement of rotting eaves and soffits with UPVC
Annual General Meeting 13 April 2013
The AGM followed on from the Open Day and started about 5.30 p.m. Chris Bashford conducted the meeting and also gave the Chairman’s report for 2012. He was followed by the Secretary who read out the statutory Trustee’s Report. Next came Carolyn Lister, the Treasurer, who treated everyone to a clear and straightforward PowerPoint presentation of the 2012 Accounts. The Minutes of the meeting are now available.