This work will be in part subject to the successful application for grant money.
- Install panels to both end walls in the main hall to cover bad brickwork, this to match existing pillar panels
- Replace roof area above bar and storage cupboard
- Install hatch shutter between kitchen and main hall. This is a safety issue as the current hatch is heavy and not easy to manage
- Refurbish and reseal the main hall floor
- Refurbish the car park
- Tidy around new block paving to install gravel boards and chippings
We are still hoping to set up a film club at the hall. We currently have a basic sound system projector and screen. All of this equipment has been borrowed so we intend to apply for a grant to install a proper system in the future
The walls and ceilings have now been painted, which just leaves the gloss painting to do.
Other Refurbishments/Improvements completed
- To improve the heating in the toilets we have installed lower suspended ceilings
- We have built a new bar in the main hall giving more space in the kitchen for food preparation and also make life easier on the bar staff.
- We have installed broadband and will make this available to our customers and supporters
- We have installed CCTV to protect our improved facilities
- The left hand storage cupboard has been boarded out and shelves fitted, improving storage space and reducing damp problems
- A new storage cupboard has been built in the foyer making it easier to access equipment and disposables for events.
- A solid chair cover has been built and installed in the foyer, enabling the storage of excess chairs.