Village Hall Improvement Project – 2012
This project is now completed.
We acknowledge assistance from, and thank, Moggerhanger Parish Council for acting as our third party funders.
We acknowledge funding of £19,800 from Waste Recycling Group Ltd. (WREN). WREN is a not for profit business that awards grants to community, environmental and heritage projects across the UK from funds donated by Waste Recycling Group (WRG) to the Landfill Communities Fund.
The Village Hall Management Trustees are funding approx. 15% of the total project from its fund raising activities and we thank you, our supporters, for helping to make this all possible.
Work undertaken and completed:
- Replacement of eaves and soffits and repairs to damaged roof tiles and window
- Replacement of broken pathway to kitchen side of the building to include new patio area behind the kitchen
- Installation of concrete posts and gravel boards to North side of hall
- Improvements to ramp areas to include new brick walls and anti-slip surface
- Replacement of fire-doors with new double glazed doors, Installation of outside emergency lighting
- Installation of new suspended ceiling with improved main lighting and secondary dimmable lighting
- Two built under double ovens, ceramic hob and new wine cooler
- Installation of instant water heaters to kitchen and toilets
- General overhaul of electrics and issue of new 5 year certificate.
- Installation of hand rails to kitchen and front entrances
- Installation of hearing loop
- Installtion of double bowl sink in the kitchen
- Installation of additional sink to disabled toilet.
All work identified has been in direct response to requests/suggestions made by you, our many users of the facilities. We hope you will be pleased with the outcome and apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst work is being carried out.