1-3 BLUNHAM ROAD MOGGERHANGER
Also known as THE OLD POST OFFICE AND SHOP
Chris and Dorothy Bashford.
Thrilled to be living in such an ancient building, we set out to try to trace some of its history.
9 BLUNHAM ROAD
Little is known of the history of this cottage. Roger and Pamela Smith, who have lived in the cottage since 1984, have kindly allowed us to copy the documents and photos shown here.
OLD FORGE COTTAGE & VILLAGE BLACKSMITHS
The blacksmith’s shop or forge building still exists in a prominent position on the Sandy Road near the Moggerhanger village crossroads.
It is a timber framed, black-boarded barn, dating from the 18th century.
ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST CHURCH
In 1859 Elizabeth Dawkins of Moggerhanger House offered to build a church at Moggerhanger in memory of her husband the Reverend Edward Henry Dawkins